Metal Cutting has been perfecting the science and crafting the art of burr free precision metal cutting for over 45 years. All 46 of our proprietary abrasive and EDM cut-off machines offer unmatched precision and high speed capability with burr-free results. That means you get what you want, when you want it–there is no order too small, and no quantity too large.
Precision Metal Cutting Capabilities
Precision metal cutting is what we’re built on. As the centerpiece of our operation, we work continually to improve our methods to ensure the quality precision metal cutting services our customers depend on. Consistent cut-off requires mastery of many variables. Techniques and tools, equipment and methods all come together on a daily basis to produce accurate and repeatable results.
Burr Free Abrasive Cutting
We have a huge volume capacity with a vast selection of cutting wheels enabling us to cut every type of metal in every combination of size: from thin wall tubing to hard metals to coated metals to composite metals and everything in between. All of our precision metal cutting machines have been enhanced with various advanced custom features, including:
- Programmable operation for maximum set-up flexibility and change-over speed.
- Computerized cutting speeds and feeds.
- Linear in-feed encoding to achieve the tightest tolerances and shortest lengths.
- Rotary work to yield exceptional squareness.
- Pressurized material handling to eliminate tubing ID contamination.
- Wheel selection and inventory eliminate delays and optimize performance.
Burr Free Edm Cutting
Our EDM cut-off is highly specialized for pins, probes and other high volume, small diameter, solid metal parts. Our method results in parts with the highest CpK and PpK process results. We produce highly repeatable lengths, without end-deformation, distortion or delamination far more economically than competing methods. We have eliminated the need for any human handling of your cut parts so all process damage such as bending or scratching is eliminated. End features such as squareness and parallelism are tightly held and corner radii are minimal, meeting square cut requirements and allowing for subsequent processes to add radii if needed.
Fast Facts About Precision Metal Cutting Services
- Diameters from 0.0005” to 3.00” (0.0125 mm to 75.0 mm) can be cut.
- Cut lengths from as uniquely short as 0.008” (0.20 mm) are achievable.
- Cut length tolerances down to 0.001” (0.025 mm) are achievable.
- Any tube ID—no matter how small the ID—can be cut, and tube walls as thin as 0.001” (0.025 mm) can be cut without deformation.
- Exceptionally tight tolerances can be held on long-length cuts (± * 0.005” over 6.0 feet or ± 0.125 mm over 2 meters).
- Coated parts can be cut without damaging surface coating.
- Coated tubes can be cut without damaging OD coating and maintaining ID cleanliness and integrity.
- Square or angle ends can be cut within arc seconds.